Agnostic.com

4 3

While watching TV this morning, I saw a commercial for Peter Popoff's "Miracle Spring Water"!! I can't believe the auldacity of some people!! "Drink this free water, you will be healed"

TeresaWyckoff 5 Aug 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"AH have sinned, but I have been washed clean in the blood of the lamb, so you KNOW my latest scam can be trusted, so hand over your credit card details in the sure and certain knowledge that you are doin' the Lard's werk!"

[truthinadvertising.org]

He's quite the charlatan.

The apitamy of pure religious ignorance is displayed daily and dangerous to the common good of all world wide

Do you mean the "Epitome" of pure religious ignorance, or is apitomy a word I am unfamiliar with?

@LenHazell53 epitome

@redwash Thank you

Hey. I know some places where they give you grape juice, which is only pretending to be wine, and they will tell you it is in fact blood, and that it will make you live forever if you drink it.

Surely that has to be against the trade descriptions laws, fake goods or what.

Sick

This has been tested in court and unless the church actually charges you directly for the product, it is considered to be implied that the claims are metaphorical and is being gifted, therefore Trades descriptions laws are not applicable, since tithing or donating to a church is not considered a purchase but a charitable donation given voluntarily.

@LenHazell53 Yes thank you. I was not of course being serious, but detail is always invaluable.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:522710
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.