Agnostic.com

7 4

Here is my first home haircut (left) compared to my second (right). Still not perfect, but watching YouTube videos certainly helped.

OldMetalHead 9 Aug 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great job! I've been cutting my own hair since April

I'm just impressed that you've got hair 🙂

It worked

I like the one on the right better...good job and well done!

You let the front grow out. I used doggie clippers.

@OldMetalHead Trick to do the back. Duck tape a straight line, use ear lobes, and run the blade to follow the line. Do the back first and then use the clippers with your guide. It will look perfect.

@EarnestEccentric just use your ear lobes for a guide to have a stage line across the back. Use the clippers and when you remove the tape you'll have a straight line.

@EarnestEccentric The back is the hard part. I used to give myself a shape up in between cuts. I couldn't find my hand mirror so I was afraid to do it. I thought of the tape. It was so easy.

Good job! I know just one haircut style, and the only skill involved is not nicking myself.

@OldMetalHead I usually use a single-blade, double-edge safety razor. Multi-blade cartridge razors are fine in a pinch, like when I'm traveling, but they tend to wear out more quickly (which is counterintuitive, but the first blade still does the majority of the cutting and once it starts to dull even slightly it pulls the hair — and the skin with it — so the subsequent blades make microscopic cuts into the skin, causing irritation and making ingrown hairs more likely). I've used the same safety razor since I was 14 years old, when Gillette sent me a free razor for my birthday. (How I ended up on their mailing list, I don't know.)

Good job! I rely on YouTube videos for hair cutting as well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:523050
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.