Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Demonstrations sweep Belarus after exit poll predicts victory for Lukashenko Egregious Falsification

Obviously widespread fraud in this election. This isn't being reported in the American press. Twitter is the best news source for live events. Fears are that Putin may invade Belarus. No fear of reprisal with Trump in the White House. Minsk takes page from US Marshals in Portland. [twitter.com]

barjoe 9 Aug 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was just discussing this. Seems the main contender voted this morning and then went into hiding. There was talk more that a week ago that Putin might invade if Lukanshenko were to lose. Putin wins no matter what. Lukanshenko is his buddy, just like trump who he can throw under the bus. He can still invade if the protests get "out of hand" threaten Russian interests. Things are not over yet.

They released exit polls saying Lukashenko 80% of the vote. Local returns show in reality he's getting crushed by Tikhanovskaya. Rioting in the streets of Minsk and throughout Belarus.

@barjoe Unfortunately, I said at the end of July, Watch Belarus for Russian troops by August 15th. I had hoped I was wrong. I still hope I'm wrong, but Lukashenko won't leave voluntarily, and claiming victory allows him to turn to Putin.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:523086
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.