Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK Leading Republicans endorse Trump trying to circumvent Congress

We have a separation of powers for a good reason. Republicans now fine the separation of powers to be inconvenient.

snytiger6 9 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This country is going further down the crapper every day.

“Politicians who have been bought cannot be trusted to stay bought”. ....Unknown.

Either way, it's a shrewd political move by him.

Circumventing the separation of powers is NOT something to be admired.

@snytiger6 I didn't say it was admirable--except in a reptilian sense. I said it was SHREWD because it's hamstrung the Democrats-- it's either agree to it or oppose it on constitutional grounds, BUT people really need this cash and won't care about such niceties as the separation of powers.
We'll see how it plays out, but their only real choice (unless there's a poison pill in there, a real booby trap) is to say, 'We know how important this is, so we'll swallow our whistle and let it go ahead."
That said, I have to grudgingly 'give the devil his due.' I don't think he did it out of anything but the most calculatingly political will to survive, but on the other hand he is in this context a 'politician,' after all, and he probably knew if he didn't do SOMETHING like this, his personal fate was sealed, his goose cooked.
I think it is anyway, just sayin'...

. . . they have "changed their tune" :

[nbcnews.com]

[foxnews.com]

[latimes.com]

Diverting funds from FEMA relief in a record hurricane year. The guys just a nightmare. He did this so stupid people will give him the credit for their check. Slick political move unfortunately.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:523355
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.