Agnostic.com

4 4

Had a very interesting conversation with my ex-. I was telling her about our group and how happy I am to be part of this family. I was telling her how everyone I've met is very well educated, or well accomplished, or at least well-rounded in life-experiences. Then, I commented, "You know, basically intelligent, well-rounded folk." At which point she said something very telling..."Yes, intelligent people have never had a need for God; it is only simple, trusting souls like myself who have faith enough to lean on, and trust God."
Now, I know that she meant her statement as a jab against me, agnostics, and atheists, but it was telling that she said what she unknowingly said...
"INTELLIGENT PEOPLE HAVE NEVER HAD A NEED FOR GOD..."

Green_Soldier71 7 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Im late the post, sorry about that. New Member here, but I am sure we all agree, faith is not a reliable way to truth. Don't see why people can't see that using faith can be used to justify ANYTHING. Not realizing that what they mean is confidence. That they seem to not understand how faith and being gullible can be very closely related.

Weak people follow, strong people lead ~

Varn Level 8 Aug 11, 2020

Good thing you dumped her.

She better not lean too hard or she will find herself on her ass.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:523539
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.