Agnostic.com

29 14

Generation Z - what do you think of them?

"Generation Z or Gen Z (also known as iGeneration or iGen and Post-Millennials)[1] is the demographic cohort after Millennials. Currently, there are numerous additional competing names used in connection with them in the media. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends, but demographers and researchers typically use the late 1990s to mid-2000s as starting birth years. At the present time, there is little consensus regarding ending birth years."

They're often maligned in the media as selfish snowflakes; however, I have to say I'm very impressed by the young people of today - they stand up for the oppressed, they insist on being themselves and aren't afraid to show emotion, they're extremely self-aware and they're highly effective at communicating. All in all, I think they're going to change the world for the better, which is something my generation and my parents' generation failed to do.

What do you think? Are you hopeful for the world once they take it over?

Jnei 8 Apr 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They already have. boomers retired

I haven't, and may never be able to afford to retire. (1959)

If they don't end up being a sell out like the boomer generation, I believe between them and the millenials there is hope for this nation, neither of these generations is buy the propaganda sold by unfettered capitalism.

Alas, I have run into millennials and Zs who buy into unfettered capitalism. I was born towards the tail end of the "Boomer" era, and have never related to the supposed characteristics of my cohorts. I never bought into the propaganda sold by unfettered capitalism, and look where it got me... 🙂

@ailurophile I'm a boomer too, born in 59, I have 3 children 2 would be considered X generation and the youngest a millenial and I see an awareness in them and their friends that I just didn't see with the boomers, Stephen King in his book Hearts in Atlantis described the majority of us to a tee, " we sold our beliefs for cheap gas, cheap concert tickets, whether we boomers like to admit or not we bought into the consumerist propaganda.

@slinkie59 Also born in 1959.The activist Boomers I've known didn't buy into the consumerist propaganda, but I get your point about the majority of Boomers.

I have been impressed with the kids who organized the March For Our Lives. I haven't read everything that's come out from this movement, but it seems like they are trying to be inclusive. Unfortunately, I missed the local march.

An activist acquaintance who is also a Boomer and I participated in a couple of Occupy marches and actions in New York City. I felt the name was unfortunate, but it was heartening to see so many younger people involved. Amazing how much surveillance was employed. I started carrying a camera after that so I can take pictures of the people taking pictures.

No, I'm not hopeful for the world/ common sense has gone out of the window and a lot of them can't even do the most basic of things.

I believe there is hope in this current generation. So far, my generation hasn't done much of anything that I can think of, so I'd say they're definitely ahead of mine.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52379
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.