Agnostic.com

2 1

TikTok collected Android user data using tactic banned by Google

Practice ended in November, testing shows

[marketwatch.com]

FearlessFly 9 Aug 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Do you know every social media platform and government agencies have been doing it for years?

Collecting data, yes. Using 'tactics' banned by Google ? -- citation needed.

@FearlessFly
If the end result is collecting our data that we do not want them to do, does this issue matter? Aren't they doing what we don't want them to do?

@St-Sinner "does this issue matter? " I'm strident defender of privacy -- folks tend to 'roll-eyes, shake head".

Being an advertising company (95% of revenue), I think Google (and Trump) is trying to say 'China, don't tread on me" by enforcing policy.

@St-Sinner . . . "this just in" more 'policy' 😛

[techcrunch.com]

@FearlessFly
I don't doubt the invasion of privacy is done but all are stealing private information every day. Does how they are doing it matter?

I get a huge kick out of these people who think they have some kind of control about their precious data.....that ship Sailed years ago!

@St-Sinner @AnneWimsey We have only the rights that we can defend -- google is defending theirs. I advocate that individuals do also.

[law.cornell.edu]

[gilc.nl]

[scholarlycommons.law.case.edu]

@St-Sinner [eff.org]

Dang, good thing I never used that app.

. . . right, I don't have it on my $15 flip phone either 🙂
Doesn't ByteDance have lots of apps ?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:523839
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.