Agnostic.com

28 8

A question of perception

Why is it, do you think, that a large majority of religious people have so many misconceptions about atheists/agnostics? I mean, I understand that their books teach it, but one would think that thru everyday observation, a lot of that would be disproven. and im all for a bit of poking fun, but im serious. when I keep getting things like how can you think life is without purpose?!? I never said that! I do think life has a purpose, I just don't think it has 2 do with a god or allah or whatever! or the good old, how can you know right from wrong without god? like I don't go around eating babies and lighting small animals on fire every tuesday just because I don't believe in a god...ok, sorry, rant over...but I really would enjoy your insight on this.

Byrd 7 Apr 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They don’t realize doing goodness for the sake of goodness is more joyful and spiritual than doing it for a reward from something called God.
Just feel sorry for them and wish them the best.

But life is meaningless...

to some, not all

@Byrd the only meaning to like is placed there by the individual. There’s no meaning beyond that

@NothinnXpreVails that is the way you view it, others do not, 2 each their own

Shouldn't you go to the Source of your Malady? Why don't you go to a Religious Site and ask the Question that way you remove the Middle Man Interpretation. They will tell what they think and how and why they think like that. Asking us is kind of wanting a Bias Response.

I have, I did not want their view this time. I was looking for an agnostic/atheist point of view other than my own so as 2 get a balance of different responses

@Byrd Roger that, good comeback... not bad to get all points of view, you may also find misconceptions about them at this side... I Salute you!

@GipsyOfNewSpain lol good question, I'm all for getting 2 the heart of the matter which usually involves the horses mouth, but I also sometimes am surprised 2 find that an outside view can give you an unexpected insight.

@Byrd Best of luck in your quest.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52395
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.