Agnostic.com

4 6

Melissa Doyle had shared this and pretty much put into words what I have been going through. I leave this for those who are interested on a good read.

"This will be probably the only share that I make about where we are right now. I’m not all about creating a platform for vicious back and forth debate when in reality there is NO truth. There is your truth and what you decide you feel comfortable collecting evidence about to justify your truth. It’s NEVER the same for anyone because we all experience life and situations differently.

This article is exactly down my line of thought and what I have learned about all of the most challenging times in my own life. It’s an excellent read.... but only if you are not looking for a fight, rather just the reason behind why we might fight. In my own life and experience, it had always proven true that everything goes downhill when I don’t have situational awareness and leave others opinions or perceived opinions out of the decisions for my life, no matter the topic of discussion.
No poop allowed here please, just take it if you will or leave it if you don’t.
Hang in there everyone. ❤️"

[theglobeandmail.com]

MsHoliday 8 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There’s too much complacency out there to encourage more. As divided as we appear, my suspicion is, too many are looking for ‘reasons or excuses’ to ignore or hide from it. Whereas, those like myself will continue to stand up against blatant lies and can use the help of others to combat them.

there is NO truth” - Horsefeathers! Our planet spins on it’s axis with gradually slowing revolutions while orbiting the closest sun… Treating all utterances as equal gives unearned validity to those too lazy to do their homework - or those attempting to deceive. No thanks ~

Varn Level 8 Aug 13, 2020

Emergency is a word lable and situation all three can be the same in a given situation or 2 or all 3 different..... the same with MASK word lable situation..... my most relevant point is WHAT KIND OF MASK FOR WHAT KIND OF emergency??? Has anyone here noticed people are littering streets and parking lots with blue surgical masks given to them for free by store owners wanting everyone to shop and make other shoppers feel "comfortable?? Surgical blue masks DO NOT PROTECT the people wearing masks.....such masks prevent some germs and viruses from escaping the mask protecting other people nearest them ..... and the emergency is for the most vulnerable people: smokers, asthmatics, recent surgical patients, people who don't or can't wash their hands repeatedly exposing themselves to the virus ..... masks allow people to suck in infected or pure ambient air and prevent much exhalation of infected or pure/depleted of oxygen thus carbon dioxide air

A near-perfect illustration of social proof. Maybe a perfectly perfect illustration.

So many people are joining the already long line of those lamenting one death or many deaths. That’s despite the earth’s exponentially increasing population and its inevitable consequences.

Granted, my time in the military — having been trained to kill, having gone to war, having seen multiple deaths, having adapted to death and the possibility of my own death — shapes my attittude.

Whoever is doing it, social proof is social proof.

"Truth" has been 'discussed' since at least the ancients -- still not definitive -- I try to avoid using the word. 😛

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524246
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.