Agnostic.com

12 2

How many robocalls do you get in a week ?

A simple telephony honeypot received 1.5 million robocalls across 11 months

Researchers say that most campaigns take place in short-burst storms and that answering a robocall doesn't mean you'll be targeted more often in the future.

[zdnet.com]

FearlessFly 9 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Get too many

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 15, 2020

For those of you that are getting LOTS, I can empathize, but I also take that as (I have other, and more) evidence that my efforts (not insignificant) in maintaining my privacy are helping and worth-it. 🙂

I get 5 to 10 A-day. My phone identifies half as scams so i don't answer and block. I answer the other half and then block. Because my phone is used for business I have to answer all of the unknowns. T mobile Has a new scam blocker which is supposed to be wonderful but I can't use it until I have data someplace besides Wi-Fi.

I don't answer calls from unknown numbers, and my phone doesn’t even ring for hidden numbers. So, I'm glad so say I don't know the answer.

"phone doesn’t even ring for hidden numbers" -- blocked ?

. . . I'm ignorant of this -- please explain

@FearlessFly it is possible for a caller to prevent their phone number from being delivered to the recipient. On your phone, the caller's number would be "Unknown" or possibly "000-0000". If someone calls me that way my phone doesn't ring, and the call goes directly to Voicemail.

It's escalating for me right now because of political surveys, but my call blockers do a pretty good job otherwise. Maybe one a day?

My land line stays pretty clean because I use a Google Voice number for all non-friend telephone listings, so I don't even know when a robocall is coming in.

Sometimes it feels like I get millions a day.

I find that the robocalls come in spurts, at a low of maybe one per day and a high of maybe thirty per day.

Once, I pissed off a call center employee, and the calls came at two hundred a day for about a week. I hope his ass got fired.

10-12

lerlo Level 8 Aug 15, 2020

I choose to NOT have a smartphone (privacy).
I use a $15 'dumb' phone (no internet access).
I routinely reject numbers I don't recognize.

(I think because of the above)
I get at most (often less) two attempted 'robo' calls per week. 🙂

Hooray for "dumb" phones! My phone makes and receives calls, period. It's cheap and simple.

It goes in spurts. Most days I get one to three. Some days none. I went through a period last year when I would get several a day. Why it slowed down I don't know. They should be illegal as should commercials on TV where the volume is louder than whatever you are watching. Capitalism is fine, but not when it is intrusive.

Between 20-25 a week.

Probably 7-8 per day. FAR too many....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524793
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.