Agnostic.com

6 1

There was a discussion begun in the Community Senate that was decided to be brought into the general community for everyone's input.

What ideas do you have to grow and improve this site?

This is a creative experiment so they can be anything at all that you feel would help make Agnostic.com the place online for godless heathens everywhere to gather.

Sgt_Spanky 8 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Have no problem

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 16, 2020

Nor do I---and no agenda, either!

I must have been absent from the Senate the day this was discussed.

I’ve no objections to any member making suggestions to improve anything that they think needs fixed, but when you’ve been here for a long time and have gone through quite a few upheavals and changes already, not all in any way an improvement on the original model, the expression “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” springs to mind!

One of the things that ruins community and clubs is when people start making rules and regulations for the sake of doing so. There is no need for any of that it only serve power hungry busy body trolls.
My one suggestion would not be anything like that but a group search facility to find groups to join by name keyword, subject or tags.

No suggestions at all....I think it's fine, as is.

Have a general forum with additional topics of interest threads. No groups where "memberships" are required and moderators run roughshod over everyone.

Leelu Level 7 Aug 15, 2020

What power does the Community Senate have to implement any ideas generated?

Community Senate is just a group of users that anyone can join once they reach level 7 and up. There's no authority to implement the ideas -- that requires Admin -- but sharing ideas sounded like a good idea for a general post.

@MissKathleen As I stated, this is a creative experiment to speculate on what the site could be. No one expects any interest from Admin.

@Sgt_Spanky I believe that you mean well and there may be some therapeutic value for members in this second experiment. Anticipating your answer, I wanted to be sure that this was the first comment so that there would be no illusions regarding the implementation of ideas.

From my perspective, under these circumstances the onus is on he who caused the problem to use his time and energy to solve it. I will put my time and energy into other members (to a lesser degree now because I have lesser confidence about who they might really be) but the continuation of this website in its present form seems tenuous now that the "article" is written. I was just noticing that the registration of this domain name comes up for renewal next month.

The bottom line is that some members feel betrayed, disillusioned and worse by the conduct of one person but that one person holds unrestricted power, probably, in these circumstances.

@MissKathleen Thank you sister, as I anticipated.

@LovinLarge I certainly get your feelings toward the creator but since he has no concept of what the site could be maybe it should be pointed out not just to him but for everyone to weigh in on. This site and this community of people has value and should continue to function as normal even if it were pulled down in a month or whenever.

@Sgt_Spanky To clarify, I don't have any feelings toward "the creator", as you so aptly termed it. Everything I wrote was strictly factual.

I encourage you and everyone else to spend your time and energy however you choose. For me, generating ideas without the power to implement them doesn't compute in terms of how I spend my time.

Of course this community has value, but the owner of this domain name has full control over its use including the right to let it sit dormant so there is no guarantee that this community will continue to function as a community from one moment to the next. Unless other arrangements are made, of course.

@LovinLarge At any rate, you're unmotivated to share any ideas and so is anyone else it seems. If there's no further interest, I'll most likely delete it sometime tomorrow anyway. Thanks for your input.

@Sgt_Spanky I don't want you to be disappointed because of anything I did. If you're agreeable, I'll delete my comment and we can see if there are any ideas generated in its absence.

@LovinLarge No. Not necessary. Every post rises or falls on the strength of its interest to the community. Your comment makes no difference there. I give all my posts 24 hours to prove themselves or I trash them. I've always done it. Well, I give them 24 hours now. I used to only give them just 2-3 hours.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524929
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.