Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Easiest Proof of God - A Response - YouTube

This kid has never heard anything that goes against his beliefs I have a feeling.

TheSavageAtheist 3 Aug 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

cough confirmation bias cough

Cult living is not easy. This victim is brainwashed gawd sounds have meaning. He does not understand putting a capital letter on gibberish is still Gibberish

Since you reference Dawkins, you must surely be aware of his "climbing Mount Improbable" analogy, where he shows step by step how you can arrive at great complexity from great simplicity. He has a video on youtube about this concerning the eye. Here's another great (and short) video which shows the illusory nature of design. BTW, you look nothing like the guy in some of the other Savage Atheist videos I looked at???

fun facts...
The habitability of The Earth has to do with the dynamics of the Earth's orbit.

For life to exist the orbit of the Earth must theoretically fit with in a band 142 Kilometers across around the sun called the Goldilocks zone. The ellipse that the earth makes around the sun causes winter in the northern hemisphere to be closest to the sun.
Perihelion (closest) and Aphelion(furthest). Earth is scheduled to be at Perihelion on January 5th this year.

[apod.nasa.gov]

Seasons have to do with the tilt of the earths axis, and your distance north or south from the equator.

I actually watched the whole thing just to see how the kid would end it. He was having a euphoric God brain episode. In a year he will watch is own video and wonder what the heck he was trying to say.

I think that you will find that the "goldilocks zone" is a whole lot bigger than a mere 142 kilometres wide.
Winter in the Northern Hemisphere occurs when the Axial Tilt causes the Nortern Hemisphere to be FURTHEST from the Sun and vice versa in the Southern Hemisphere btw.

@Triphid I think @PossiblyNuts is referring to the distance of the whole planet from the sun, which is greater during the northern summer (for the next few thousand years, at least). You're right about the size of the Goldilocks zone, though: 142 kilometres would fall a long way short of even including the whole Earth.

@Coffeo If it were just the AU distance that caused the season then both hemispheres would have exactly the same season at exactly the same times of year, would they not?
The Axial tilt, according to Scientists, etc, causes the two hemispheres to alternate in the their proximity to the Sun as Earth orbits it thus determining which hemisphere is in Winter and which is in Summer.
Plus IF, as @PossilblyNuts stated, the Goldilocks Zone was a mere 142 kilometres wide then given the diameter of the Earth at the Equator, logically, then only ONLY a band of 142 kilometres of the planet would be within the Goldilocks Zone and habitable for life would it not?
Plus, given that Earth rotates upon its axis one complete rotation in approx. every 24 hours that 'habitable' band would be constantly shift around the surface of the planet.

@Triphid Pretty much what I said, I thought.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:525785
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.