Agnostic.com

11 6

Machiavelli wrote in his book, "The Prince", that in order to take the peoples attention off their immediate circumstances, a ruler should create a problem beyond his borders, to turn the people's attentions outwards. A foreign skirmish will cause one's subjects to set aside their differences and unite behind their leader against the common enemy.
What worries me is what if Trump, sensing an impending heavy defeat, should suddenly start a war with, say, Iran?

Petter 9 Aug 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Think he's dumb enough to start one with China?

Never underestimate the ability of dumb people to dump others into trouble.

This has been suggested by many (even me) even on this site. From my readings and sense that the field of political science and many knowledgeable and experienced people understand this possibility and have taken steps to prevent it.

I sincerely hope so.

I wouldn't be surprised....maybe Putin and Trump will create a fake crisis (Syria? Ukraine?) which'll be designed to make Trump look like a hero.

He's already had Pompeio talking tough about them, just about a week ago.

His philosophy

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 20, 2020

I feared that from day one. He is also so vindictive even if he knows it won't turn the tide in the election, he might do it anyway just to make sure his successor has the roughest time possible.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

He is willing to do anything despicable, immoral or illegal.

We are in few wars now than we have been in for decades thanks to President Trump.

I was worried about that when he assassinated that Iranian General but now he is running out of time, if that is his plan.

he is that sort I'm afraid.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:526206
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.