Agnostic.com

8 0

Hello.

I would like to share a another perspective on this thing that we call God.

So what if I told you that we will never fully and completely know God.

That the only way to know God is to know God's names and attributes.

And that it is only the human being that have the potential to display all of God's names and attributes to the physical world.

So the thing is, if you want to know God... you have to know the human being.

unityspeech 2 Aug 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So God is as flawed and petty as we are. If that is the case why would any one want to share eternity with this totally dysfunctional entity???

God is not flawed.

The human being has two realities, the physical/animal reality and the divine/spiritual reality.

It it our animal nature that causes problems sometimes so that is why we have to control it with our divine nature.

And it is our divine reality that can display and manifest God's names and attributes to the physical world.

@unityspeech So we humans, of flesh and blood, are the center of the universe and will still be around (in this supposed heaven) when all else is gone. Sounds like pure 'spiritual' arrogance to me.

Why come to a site for nonbelievers and talk about god? Do you really think that we have not already considered all the ponderables and imponderables on the probability of there being any god or gods? What you are proposing is that we just accept without any proof that there is a god and to know him we have to embrace that idea and he will manifest himself in us.

What I believe is that humans invented god in our own image and he is purely human in all respects especially in his pettiness and jealousy..all the worst aspects of humanity. The attributed supposed omnipotence and all powerfulness is just human wishful thinking as an antidote against our human insecurities and weaknesses.

Well I'm not trying to convert anyone here. Matter of fact I think that it is impossible. It's always up to the individual to take or leave what is being said.

The greatest proof of God is the human being itself, because we have a special connection with God in that we can display and manifest God's qualities, names and attributes to the physical world at the highest level beyond any other creature.

...I’d stop reading about a sentence and a half in.. ..knowing there is no ‘God.’ With little fear I’d miss anything, either 🙂

Varn Level 8 Aug 21, 2020

Since god either does not exist or does not communicate, humans can give it any qualities they want. That is the great attraction of something without structure, like wet clay you can model it into any form you wish, to serve any purpose you want. Therefore you do not need to understand humans as a whole, only their failings, which are not complex, will tell you the shape of the void to be filled by god and therefore its shape.

God does communicate with human. Mainly through inspiration. Even though we may not know it.

Yet God is a supposed savior and angel. How does one get to know a dead person without the multiple versions of the truth. It was a good triple as a literature read but I finish as employ as I stated. It was a dictated fairly tale with zero relevance.

Well here's the thing, God sends divine Teachers to provide divine education so that we can save ourselves.

What would I say? I'd say that you could cut out the middle man, and just get to know human beings. The rest is just fantasy.

Well God is just simply letting the human being know what it really is. And that is a spiritual being.

Are you here to save us, because I can point you to the ones who need it worst

I'm just here to share some of my views and beliefs.

@unityspeech Make sure to include the evidence that proves the facts upon which those views and beliefs are based or I will be on you like white on rice.

What you are saying is biblical. Gods are people, people are gods.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the logos, the logos was with God and was God. John 1:14 ... the logos become flesh (A person). John 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"'?

Word Level 8 Aug 20, 2020

In a sense we are "gods" and "goddesses" because human beings can display God's names and attributes and manifest them to the physical world.

But let's not forget that the core essence of the one true God will never be known, because God is far beyond the physical universe.

@unityspeech you said, "...the core essence of the one true God will never be known,..."

Who are you to say that " ...the core essence of the one true God will never be known,...", when this would be at the discretion of you or the "one true God"?

What if your ideal of "the one true God" not wanting core essence to be known is incorrect?

By biblical standard, a son of God is also a God in a child state. Kind of like a butterfly is still a butterfly in the cukune. Biblical text clearly recognizes people as children of God in the state of being a mankind.

What is this "one true God" you speak of and why would this "one true God be restricted from letting "core essence be known" to people?

@unityspeech and your summation core essence of god will never be known is not biblical as it says "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God" (Matthew 5:8).

I can say I have seen the essence of the one true God. Are you pure in heart?

@Word You said: "Who are you to say that " ...the core essence of the one true God will never be known,..."

Well the divine Teacher says that.

You said: "What if your ideal of "the one true God" not wanting core essence to be known is incorrect?"

I trust that it is correct.

You said: "What is this "one true God" you speak of and why would this "one true God be restricted from letting "core essence be known" to people?"

The reason why the core essence of God can never be known is because God is far beyond the physical universe. God is far beyond human comprehension. God has no beginning and has no end. If we could know and comprehend God fully and completely, then He would cease to be the one true God.

@unityspeech where is it written the divine teacher says "Well the divine Teacher says that."?

@unityspeech and you say"If we could know and comprehend God fully and completely, then He would cease to be the one true God."

You saying your one true God is limited and restricted because of your beliefs of the capacity of the human mind.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:526382
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.