Agnostic.com

17 2

What's your critique for commoners trying to understand 4D space-time?

Mathematical 4D space means 4 independent variables. Space-time got 3 variables for length because of 3 different directions and 1 time variable.
I got to quit the old Bohr atom-model. The Schrödinger wave-equations, the Lagrangian Mechanics and String Theory are the winners. They are based on vibrations that fit well with 4D space-time.
A ruler got marks for measuring a length. Ruler are made of atomic orbitals that are no longer believed to be orbits but vibration pattern. An orbital has a nodal point meandering in a nodal zone of an atom. The covalent bonds in our ruler are vibrations that go from nodal zone to nodal zone. Consequently, a unit measurement on our ruler corresponds to the sum of wavelengths from nodal zone to nodal zone. Any single vibration generates its own time. It should make sense that a vibrating quartz is a time reference in a clock. Now we can confirm Relativity Theory because time periods and wavelength of vibrations do change with velocity.
I conclude that our macroscopic world is a hierarchy of vibrations. Sure, mass must be vibration energy given by: E = m*c^2.

Guido 4 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some agnostics seem to have the feeling that I tried to bragger with Lagrangian Mechanics and String theory. It was not intended. I know little about the mathematical formalism involved. If I would not have mentioned that the formalism of the professionals may agree with my vibration model, nobody would have payed attention. My vibration model is just the conclusion of me, a commoner or lay-person who tries to understand 4D space-time.
My conclusion of a vibration hierarchy may have similarities with the string theory. It turned out that my vibration hierarchy is original and not a reinvention of the wheel. The reaction of the people isn't all bad. I guess, Columbus got by far more disrespect when he concluded that the earth must be round.

Guido Level 4 Apr 10, 2018

Hierarchic organization exists across the board; macro and micro. No evidence I know of to suggest otherwise.

I think I'm going to add "No one interested in 4D space time please" to my profile

I gotta say, what are you taking?

This post is just too far above the heads of most of us "commoners" (I guess you mean lay persons).

Why is there a desire to over complicate truth? There are 3 Dimensions - Time is not a dimension. You can move through dimensions - not through time

gater Level 7 Apr 8, 2018

What on earth, or who on earth, are commoners?

I believe they are the people without royal blood.

@indirect76 Thanks. I guess in America that's most of us.

I agreeish with that..and what's wrong with commoners knowing and understamding 4D?

I'll learn this when I start college. I'm going for
the Bachelor's in Science degree.

Gee mate, is this a piss contest? ???

Separation (vector) in 4D Spacetime:

S^2 = x^2 + y^2 + z^2 - (ct)^2

Also E= mc^2 only if the mass is stationary with respect to you. Otherwise you need to introduce gamma - the Lorentz transform.

Finally, mass and time are manifestations (consequences) of energy.

Beyond me I am afraid, I got lost once space time became variable.

@Rugglesby Well, we didn't evolve for any of this to be intuitive. Remember, there is a >0 chance you can walk through a wall, and a >0 chance you already did. (Just joking, weak force will prevent that. I'm still afraid of falling through the floor, though.)

@Rugglesby You're way ahead of me. I got stuck at "Commoner".

Full disclosure - I studied physics for a year and a half at uni.
Unless the OP has a least a doctorate in physics I would regard the question as a maldigested grab-bag of buzz-words. If a thing is worth saying it can generally be said clearly. That said, he may be genius, whose words have gone straight over my head. I doubt it, but I am ready to retract everything I've said if I turn out to be wrong.

To approach an understanding of 4D space-time, I would suggest the following:
Consider a particle of light (a photon) - all observers 'see' it travelling at exactly the same speed (the speed of light, natch) however they are moving in relation to it. If I'm running away from it at a million miles a second it will still hit me at exactly the same speed as someone who is running towards it at a million miles a second. When you have digested that amazing fact, and if it interests you, go to the library or Youtube - you have taken the first step to wanting to understand spacetime.

String Theory,Membrane Theory,Seem Too Be The Two Main Theories Around.16&32 Dimensions.

Coldo Level 8 Apr 8, 2018

It is good to point out that the number of Dimensions in string theories are rather unessential because it depends on what we want to represent. My background is the profession of electrical engineering and not physics. It means that I am expected to have a detailed knowledge about the electromagnetic waves and the photon but not string theory. The background knowledge of people determines how they reason about 4D space-time or string theory.
If I have 3 level of a vibration hierarchy – lets say: electromagnetic, strong force and vacuum ground state and reduce each level to 3 vector components of a vibration. The informations of the vibration hierarchy would be contained in 3^3 = 27 partial derivatives. It would be a mathematical space of 27 dimensions. The electromagnetic level determines our perception of space and time.

Who or what is a commoner?

@Stacey48 Is it a reference to an average person? Hierarchy such as royalty vs peasants? Is it a world view where the OP is above the masses?
The inquisitive want to know.
p.s. I don't do mathing either, that's what folks who major in math are for and calculators.

@MacTavish @Stacey48 a non commoner is someone trying t be a smart arse but failing

It's a term socially-awkward mathematicians use when trying to connect to other people.

I have a metal ruler, so it has no covalent bonds.

I don't. I won't pretend to either. I wanted to take calculus in my last year of high school but they pulled it because the teacher retired. I got stuck with functions. I've been a bitter, shallow speck of a man since.

@irascible The text is incoherent. a heap of unrelated comments.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52639
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.