Agnostic.com

6 0

When will the Democratic Party elites denounce the rioters?

PBuck0145 7 Aug 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

...when the Republican elite denounce the Klan..?

Varn Level 8 Aug 22, 2020

That's not their job..

When will agnostic.com purge this troll and his disinformation campaign?

They won’t denounce them. They need the division and chaos to try and win the election. If they denounced and actually fixed issues, they wouldn’t have anything to run on.

Haha, I thought the post was about the democratic elites not the Republican elites but you just drscribed the republicans to a tee. They've been running on gays,abortion and gun control since Reagan and even when they had full control of everything done nothing because they can't afford to lose those emotional issues.

@Lorajay and I support them

@CourtJester So even if it were true of the Democrats, it would not be okay although it is okay for the Republicans. We already knew you had no credibility and now you've admitted to no integrity. Damn waste of skin.

@LovinLarge you’ll be okay

Are you distinguishing the rioters from the protesters, or are you lumping all at them together. What about the far right protesters/rioters that took over the capital building at the beginning of the pandemic in Michigan and Wisconsin? What about the Charlottesville far right protesters/rioters? What's good for the Repubs is good for the Dems, otherwise it's hypocrisy. If Dem elites are expected to denounce isnt only correct that the Repub elites do the same? Otherwise its hypocrisy.

Whataboutism, a lazy debate stratagem. I stated and referred to rioters.

@PBuck0145

True its usually Republicans who traditionally and continually resort to "whataboutism".

What do you consider a rioter? This is not a superfluous question, as the debate between the two camps can vary widely. Before one can debate, one either identify or agree on definitions.

The question arises, when does a protest become e a riot and why. What are the mitigating factors that serves as the tipping point. When trump pulled his federal goons out of Seattle, the violence and rioting ended overnight. Why? What was the mitigating factor? There is a correlation.

Also, answer my question as well. When are the Republican elite going acknowledge the actions of the far right.

@t1nick If the actions of a "protesting" group cause physical harm and/or property damage, they are rioters, NOT simply protesters.

Any rational liberal, centrist or conservative Republican will denounce violence perpetrated by either left-wing or right-wing extremists. It has been my experience that anything which does not conform to the leftist agenda is labeled as "right-wing". Give me an example of something which you consider to be "far right" and needs to be denounced by reasonable Republicans.

@PBuck0145

:Unite the Way" Aryan Brotherhood, KKK(far right wing attacks against minorities and marginalized groups is up over 400% since trump took office,

trump's use of federal troops against citizens (goes against the Posse Comitatus Act,

tear gas against loud, but peaceful protests for a photo op,

separating families and putting children in cages and keeping detainees is closed cage-like confinement in the middle of a pandemic.

These are example of individual, group and gov't violence against others, protesters or not.

@PBuck0145

Also, the protests in Michigan and Wisconsin where the participants were protesting against mandated mask wearing. they were carrying confederate flags, long rifles and pistols. Took over the capital building threatening the Governor with hanging and decapitation, they interrupted a session of the state Congress and got into congressman's face yelling and threatening. Congressmen were both intimidated and scared.

The "Unite the Way" white supremacist march across the Univ. of Virginia campus three years ago with torches and the armed protest that precipitated the next day ending in a white supremacist running down a peaceful protester with his car the next day.

@t1nick It appears that both parties are impaired in their denunciation of extremists.
I know nothing about "Unite the Way".
The Democrats originated the KKK.
Many Democrats support the Aryan Brotherhood.
The separation of immigrant children from their parents originated under the Obama administration.

@PBuck0145

Dixiecrats which were ulta-conservative Democrats in name only (this group formed the KKK).. They abandoned en mass 1964 to become Republicans refusing to accept the Civil Rights Act. They were southern conservatives who refused to join the Republican Party in thex1980-90's because the Republican Party was associated with Abraham Lincoln. Historical context is important when you level these generalities.

@PBuck0145

Obama only separated children and parents or family members ONLY when it was legally apparent that the children were physically, emotionally. or sexually endanger. ONLY THEN. No mass separations ever occurred under Obama. Republican talking points, not truth.

@PBuck0145

To the best of my knowledge, no Demoncrat on the National scene supports the Aryan Brotherhood. It would be contradictory to long standing Democrstic ideals.

@t1nick The original question was
"When will the Democratic Party elites denounce the rioters?"
Do you have a non-whataboutist answer?

@PBuck0145

I did answer, just not in the straight forward way you desired. If you were open to reason and acceptance of facts concerning the conservative actions, it might be worth it. But failing that, its not worth my while.

@t1nick Still deflecting.

maybe around the time trump denounces the white supremacists trash.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:526818
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.