Agnostic.com

5 4

I believe the human race is in a deplorable state due to the unnatural and artificial invironment that we have created to satisfy our selfish and insatiable needs .Instead of adapting to a changing invironment like other successful species that have existed for millions of years,we have altered our surroundings and fabricated this toxic planet out of greed . That is why there is so much depression and destruction. Read the Human Zoo by Desmond Morris a very iinteresting book that will explain in detail my above post.

richiegtt 8 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I completely agree with you. we are adapting everything to suit our ever increasing heaving numbers with no thought for anything else really. everything we eat is man-made or unsustainable and the people who care can at best try and squeeze wildlife into less and less land. its crazy to blame anything but overpopulation and greed.

I read that long ago and would have to reread it

It seems to me that we live in the best time in all of human history in terms of health, longevity, quality of life, leisure and entertainment opportunities, technology, education, etc. The trade-off has, I think, been stress and depression, but I don't see that were more destructive than at other times during our history. I think there's an element of the naturalistic fallacy in believing that we're on the edge of destruction because of our technological advancements. It's possible there are negatives in isolating ourselves from evolutionary forces, but it looks like speculation without real evidence. I'm hesitant in assuming that the circumstances that have provided us with good health and long life are rapidly moving us toward extinction.

agree

we create machines so we do not have to adapt, and thus become dependent on machines, we have higher expectations of others than we have for ourselves and an exponentially increasing gap between those with the power to change things and regular people as a result, trapped in boxes of concrete and asphalt, awaiting the day the earth turns on us.

I agree.

gearl Level 8 Nov 25, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5270
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.