Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK Miriam Adelson wants a 'Book of Trump' in the Bible. Is that possible?

The question may have ben asked seriously, but I put this one in the "silly, random an dfun" category, because it is silly.

snytiger6 9 Aug 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Conservatives have already rewritten the Bible many times and published many versions. Of course they can add a book and call it the book of trump.

Maybe they ought to read upon what the Babble promises those who add/subtract or change it!

The bible is a compilation of books. It is arguable that the reference of not adding to refers only to the particular book (Part) of the bible.

I think though more importantly it sort of confirms that it was a pretty common practice for people to add to or change books to their own liking at the time, and copyists might change the content to put their own stamp on a story.

@snytiger6 no,there is actual writing thruout promising a terrible future for anyone who alters/changes the babble in any way...another thing ignored through the ages.
Annnd, As If i care, just stating the words contained therein...I mean, either it is the Word of Gawd & thus obviously not up to humans to change it, or.........?

@AnneWimsey Each book of the bible was its own book before they were complied into the bible.... coem to think of it the very compilation of the bible goes against the adding to....

@snytiger6 I want them to put back the Apocrypha! Giants walking the earth, impregnating humans, aaannnddd etc.....

Sure, if you ignore the bit saying nothing should be added or removed, like all the rest did!

Ha, ha, ha. 🙂
Depending on what exactly your definition of 'The Bible'(tm) is, I disagree with the link. They say you cannot add books to the 'Jewish Bible' (interesting term -- RCC comment).
But I've seen Bible rewrites even myself. The 'Good News Bible' comes to mind.

They should go for it and get creative -- it's all fiction anyway. I'd enjoy some good 'Captain Bonespurs Leads The Space Force' adventure stories. Lol.😋

It's called the Old Testament lol

@barjoe
Ah yes, the torrid Torah-plus.😎

That might help to destroy Xianity! Oh she's a Jew.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:527808
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.