Agnostic.com

3 0

I should have known. I guess it's human nature.

Trying to have an exchange of ideas about religion--and atheism is a religious position--brings out irrationality. Someone was even offended by my posts.

It reminds me of comedian Jim Jefferies, who regularly insists that his performance is comedy and therefore not to be taken seriously. My posts are academic and therefore not to be taken religiously.

I don't mind, as I indicated in one my posts, "silliness and jokes." Humor is good. What I didn't expect, silly me, are these passionate, knee jerk, attacks on the imagined religiosity of my academic (and therefore non-religious) posts.

The lesson learned is that, apparently, some people can't separate their minds from their viscera. Bummer.

Sisyphe 4 Aug 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In the absence of any context, may I ask, Do you believe that atheism is a religious position?

for some people to make that separation is to have mighty high expectations of them. kinda comedic and sad all at once. they often have a butt in the brain malignancy.

Atheist is a religion? I suppose water is dry now.. And hot is cold..

@Sisyphe
"Besides, your question should have been "Atheism is a religion?" not, "Atheist is a religion?"
This proves my point: read fast, miss the details, react viscerally."

Actually, this only proves that my spell checker selected the wrong word... You sure do jump to proofs rather quickly 😊😜

Atheism isn't about religion.. It's about not believing in god(s).

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:528102
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.