Agnostic.com

6 5

Bill Gates' nuclear venture plans reactor to complement solar, wind power boom

[reuters.com]

FearlessFly 9 Aug 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As someone with some training and experience I doubt that molten salt cooling reactors can be made to work. There were a few experiments all of which failed. OTOH I am willing to review new studies. And we still have no good place to store nuclear waste, whatever propaganda you might have heard.

Surprised the Gates would get involved in such a reckless move. There is still lots of safety issues and too many accidents have show there are absolutely no guarantees of safety. Also, seem the report didn't go into the main problem of radioactive waste disposal!

Good move

He is taking a good stand

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 28, 2020

Everything Bill Gates does, no matter how altruistic or beneficial to his fellow humans and the environment, it will be interpreted by some as proof that he is an evil tycoon who aims to control all of us by microchipping the entire human race! This news of his series of nuclear power plants to boost renewable sources, will just be used reinforce these views. To those of us who realise that he and other tech giants are actually trying to give something back to us, by using their colossal wealth to fund green energy enterprises and benefit future generations, it’s very welcome news.

You stated my thoughts so eloquently that I just had to say “thank you!”

@Namaste Thanks...nice to know we’re on the same wavelength.

He does ''walk the talk."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:528562
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.