Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Christine Flowers: Don’t use “Karen’ to objectify women - The Lima News

When people ask, "What's in a name?" Apparently everything! I had no idea people were using the name "Karen" in a derogatory manner until recently. Buy why "Karen", and not something else? Is that even a fair question? Is there a male equivalent? While it is slang, but I know ladies with this name, and they are nothing like the definition in dictionary.com.

I definitely won't be using it to refer to someone whose actual name is not Karen.

GoodMan 7 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't use "Karen". Use "Ivanka".

Well, IMO it beats "bitch" or "cunt"......

I agree with not picking on women named Karen. Christine Flowers is an immigration lawyer and used to write for Philadelphia Inquirer. She's a right wing bitch. Total Trumpette and devout Catholic and Pro-Life Republican.

Thank you. Someone did that to me repeatedly on this very website a couple of days ago. Eventually he wrote, "whatever you say, Karen" so I responded "good boy". He did not like that so he deleted "whatever you say, Karen" and that was the end of what should never have started.

You're welcome. I don't agree with calling any one a name they have not been introduced as, and expressly agreed to. If we have a difference of opinion, I won't use that as justification for disrespect. If you start the name calling, I won't follow suit because (1) I'm not a follower, and (2) your choice of words and behavior reflects you; I'll just ignore you from that point. Some people tend be rude, obnoxious, and braver on the computer than in person. Hopefully you'll have more civil experiences going forward on this site 😊

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:529292
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.