Agnostic.com

8 17

religion is answers that can not be questioned.
philosophy is questions that can not be answered.
Daniel Dennett.

Basem 7 Sep 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've been breaking both his rules every day of my life and I'm nearly as old as he is!

Science gives answers that can always be questioned, improved upon or dismissed depending on where the evidence takes you.

I tend to disagree with some points made here.
Religions REFUSE to be questioned and purport, incorrectly I might add, that they have all the answers which SHOULD NEVER be either doubted or questioned.
Philosophy offers up questions, ideas, thoughts, etc, etc, that, should someone wish to answer, then they are most welcome to do and ,basically, that is how Human understanding and the Sciences came into being.

the effrontery of islam these days is that they claim that their religion is a religion of science. Erich Fromm stated that in his "psychoanalysis and religion" where he called it "the scientific religion". he says that when religions fail and lose grounds they tend to hold on to something solid and proofed such as science. and they twist the verses of their ugly quran and say: see! we have this verse that predicts for example the big bang 1400 years ago!. thats why religion to me is a cancer that should be amputated from its roots.

I thought this concept was brilliant.

Religion is helping widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption.

Philosophy is the live of knowledge.

Word Level 8 Sep 2, 2020

What a load of crap. Really? So when a priest molests a child or an evangelical douchbag is arrested for human trafficking and pedofilia, or muslims stone women or jews discriminate women every fucking day, like we constantly observe in the real world, this is "helping widows and orphans avoid wordly corruption"? Please.

@Mofo1953 It didnt say child molestation was religion.

@Mofo1953 You are using the non-existent flying spaghetti monster sky God dictionary. Words can have more than one meaning or usage.

Biblical religion, the word religion has been defined for almost 2000 years in writting. James 1:27 Religion ... pure and faultless is this: to help widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption.

Priest, muslim, evangelical: these are terms or words, labels related to certain types of social groups that are types of governments.

@Word are you kidding, do you even know what you wrote? Here it is so that you remember "Religion is helping widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption." I don't fucking care what that asshole James said, you repeated it without a quote you moron!

You can question religion, that is why your an agnostic or atheist or both. Philosophy is subjective, changes with the human mind.

clearly wrong.

pick a religious "answer" that can't be questioned--think this site.

take morality in philosophy--what's your definition?

lerlo Level 8 Sep 2, 2020

I like that 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:530349
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.