Agnostic.com

2 3

Why do we like distant train whistles?

dannydreamer 5 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because trains are always going somewhere. As a teenager, I taught myself blues harmonica, partly by sitting up on train tracks late at night, and trying to emulate their whistles. I also attracted a lot of dogs, who liked to howl along!

That's a great story. It seems like you did more to emulate a dog whining than a train whistle though.

Good question. Right now anything that reminds me of travel makes me sad.

Interesting. For me, I think it has to do with adventure.

@dannydreamer Quite, which is exactly what I am missing now, the lockdown in the UK is much more restrictive.

@Fernapple That's understandable. I feel for you Fernapple. I'd really be going nuts if I wasn't able to get out and play golf, tennis, pickleball, and outdoor yoga. I live in Florida and prefer outdoor activities anyways so I'm able to maintain a degree of sanity.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:530529
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.