Agnostic.com

2 3

WTAF?! My sister got a handwritten letter in the mail from some random lady. She's unsure how Karen got her address.

soulless 7 Sep 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

From reading your headline, I thought you meant 'Karen' as in the pejorative term. I didn't expect her name to really be Karen. 😃

It's funny you should mention that. I got a letter this week sent to my address but without a name above the address. There was a return address and above it, it said "Gail and Pat". Not recognizing the names or local address, I googled the address and sure enough it was a church. I crossed out my address and wrote "Refused - return to sender" on the envelope and popped it back in the mail. Perhaps they'll decide to come visit me in person when they get it back and if so, the intensity of my reaction will be decidedly more clear.

These people should do something productive with their time.

The address listed on the envelope is from a local senior housing complex. Of course, no apartment number was added. I've tried looking the name up and came up empty. I still think she should write a response back stating "Remove us from your mailing list."

@soulless Yes, it's entirely inappropriate for Karen to presume that others are as ignorant as she in order to attempt to impose her beliefs on them. I bet the housing manager knows which apartment is Karen's.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:530974
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.