Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Rt: Effective Reproduction Number

These are up-to-date values for Rt, a key measure of how fast the virus is growing. It’s the average number of people who become infected by an infectious person. If Rt is above 1.0, the virus will spread quickly. When Rt is below 1.0, the virus will stop spreading

I check this site every day, sometimes twice a day. Hawaii spent several weeks as #1, I am glad to see they have now fallen below 1. Whereas the rest of the country is generally getting worse. My oldest child has a degree in microbiology and pointed me to this site. She will not join groups indoors until the rt for our area is below 1. Her sisters have both had Covid tests. One because of exposure to a coworker that tested posititve. The youngest because she has been running a fever this week. Both have gotten negative test results.

Knowledge is power, protect yourselves.

HippieChick58 9 Sep 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting metric....I bookmarked the site.

Thankfully MO has come down on that list....for quite some time we were number 1. And I had to explain that to folks that that wasn't a good thing.

Rt, effective reproduction number. Is that the same as R° (R naught) factor? I assume they are different. Can you explain?

The reproduction number "R" is often used to reflect how infectious a disease is. We will, in part, use this quantity to assess alternative interventions to control an outbreak, because R is changed by control measures. The basic reproduction number (R0) is the reproduction number when there is no immunity from past exposures or vaccination, nor any deliberate intervention in disease transmission. We refer to R as an effective reproduction number when there is some immunity or some intervention measures are in place. To read more:
[www1.health.gov.au]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:531229
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.