Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK COVID-19 projected cases through end of the year.

I respond to a Covid questionnaire daily. Since starting to answer the daily questions (a couple of minutes on a cell app) the estimated active cases in my county remained about 45,000 for months. In the past few weeks, the number has risen to about 56,500; however, my county is only reporting about 5500 current confirmed cases. Moreover, my county reports about 47,000 total confirmed cases.

The cell app questionnaire was developed at Stanford, I think. The questionnaire report and confirmed cases are not consistent, and IDK what that means. I am sure confirmed cases are lower than actual, because some people have no symptoms. The 56,500 reported by the questionnaire may or may not include cases without symptoms, but it IMO it does, which would account for some of the discrepancy, but not all of the difference between 5500 and 56,500.

Red states have become hotbeds for new coronavirus infections.

EdEarl 8 Sep 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is better not to believe much on the numbers of Covid cases. Errors are made, but the worst part is the government’s intervention...which screws up numbers, for some sic reason! We know the numbers are high, common sense and the news out of different hospitals, shows that! I will believe the numbers when trump is disposed and his cronies go with him!

I agree the numbers cannot be accurarte, but the numbers given in my OP weren't from the federal government, which may not mean much. He has rabid supporters all around.

@EdEarl My guess is, the numbers are higher than reported. Take this story of my son-in-law’s aunt! She was in her 90s, contracted Covid and recovered and fewer than 4 months later she died. What caused her death? Was her heart damaged from the Covid or something else?

@Freedompath Yes, there are people with Covid, walking around with no symptoms or minor symptoms, yet infecting others, a known fact. In addition, there are probably people very sick who do not go to a hospital, and not counted. Add some number rigging, and we get fake figures. I agree with you, the real numbers are higher than those reported.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:531739
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.