Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK How next-gen computer generated maps detect partisan gerrymandering | Science News

"Researchers are ready to expose hidden biases when redistricting begins in 2021."

"Tests that have emerged over the last few years . . . Rely on computers to generate thousands, or even millions, of possible maps. The programs draw myriad boundary lines around a given district and estimate which party would win that district under each scenario. "

AnonySchmoose 8 Sep 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Awesome maybe things can correct themselves

I'll cling to that hope in the face of intense opposition.

The repugs have even admitted that they've drawn their maps to minimize the impact of minority votes.

They are rapacious at marginalization of minorities.
Whenever they pay lip service to minorities, I cringe at the hollow words.

@AnonySchmoose

I just started reading this book. Stuart Stevens once made commercials for the republicans.

From the prologue:
"There is nothing strange or unexpected about donald trump. He is the logical conclusion of what the republican party became over the last fifty or so years, a natural product of the seeds of race, self-deception, and anger that became the essence of the republican party. trump isn't an aberration of the republican party; he is the republican party in a purified form."

@HumanistJohn
The quote neither lies nor flatters the GOP.
I wonder how much stigma the GOP will suffer due to its association with Trump.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:532148
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.