Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Defying reality, Trump insists Mexico 'is paying for the wall'

Trump claims to have a new idea to get Mexico to pay for a border wall. In reality, it's a fresh con, intended to take the place of an old con.

snytiger6 9 Sep 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Have you seen the new amount of tariffs they’d been paying???? Jesus, they’ve paid for the wall ten times over in the past few years. Businesses have moved back to the US because of the tariffs.
They’ve paid. Idiots that haven’t seen a single signed check don’t understand that they have because CNN hasn’t explained it to them, but they’ve paid. They’ve paid a lot.

Name one of those businesses...I'll wait right here........

It is consumers who ultimately pay the tariffs. The goods cost more and so the end price is higher. Mexico doesn't pay that... we do.

@snytiger6 hahaha. I see that you never took an economics class.

1. Companies don’t want consumers to pay more for them to make a profit.
  2. Companies go to the countries that let them make and sell at a lower price and still make a high profit.
  3. If labor + tariffs are higher than just labor in the US; the US wins.

It’s simple economics.

Point out how I’m wrong please.

@CourtJester I got an "A" in economics in college.

While China has been able to find other markets for theri products, U.S. farmers have lost the markets for their crops.

1. companies charge whatever the market will bear to maximize profits.

2. In a world economy tar=riffs aren't very effective, because there are other countries wiling to take up the slack.

3. When a country starts tariffs , It increases costs to consumers in their own country, while the countries the tariffs are against just move their goods to other markets.

Tariffs may have worked when ti took much longer to ship goods from one country to another, but not in the modern world economy. The country tha timplements the tariffs just makes consumers pay more, and although the countries who the tariffs are against may bet a slightly lower price for their goods in other countries, the tariffs inadvertently opens up new markets for those countries who have tariffs against them. A country that implements tariffs while the rest of the world is practicing free trade only hurts itself.

So Bannon scammed a bunch of Mexicans to build a piece of shit wall only a few hundred miles long?

Not how I read it but to each their own.

Only about 3 miles is actually "new" wall. The rest just replaced existing wall.

Again? Still?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:532588
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.