Agnostic.com

5 3

Why hierarchy is a destructive force: Sapolsky

[agnostic.com]

skado 9 Sep 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hierarchy can be useful and practical as an ad hoc tactic. When power differentials become ossified in permanent structures, however, I think they become destructive of creativity, flexibility and potential.

Well if you watch the whole thing that’s not what it’s showing. It shows that if you can oust the overly violent rapist males then you can create a better, (by most people’s standards), more peaceful healthy culture with the decent males left. There was still a hierarchy, that’s how they taught the young males coming into the troop.
Also that everyone’s physical health will improve.

My title is a condensed version of the title of the video on YouTube. I think the point is that within the group the hierarchy has been largely dismantled. Outsiders coming in are retrained by everybody and anybody inside the group; not by a lower level operative who is coerced to do so by a higher status individual.

Tell that to your boss.

Humans are the problem, not hierarchy, hierarchy works fine in computer programs.

What can we learn from Baboons? Apparently a lot..lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:532691
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.