Agnostic.com

5 5

The question was asked why people continue supporting Trump no matter what he does. This was a lady named Bev’s answer:

“You all don't get it. I live in Trump country, in the Ozarks in southern Missouri, one of the last places where the KKK still has a relatively strong established presence. They don't give a shit what he does. He's just something to rally around and hate liberals, that's it, period. He absolutely realizes that and plays it up. They love it. He knows they love it. The fact that people act like it's anything other than that proves to them that liberals are idiots, all the more reason for high fives all around.

If you keep getting caught up in "why do they not realize this problem" and "how can they still back Trump after this scandal," then you do not understand what the underlying motivating factor of his support is. It's fuck liberals, that's pretty much it.

Have you noticed he can do pretty much anything imaginable, and they'll explain some way that rationalizes it that makes zero logical sense? Because they're not even keeping track of any coherent narrative, it's irrelevant. Fuck liberals is the only relevant thing. Trust me; I know firsthand what I'm talking about. That's why they just laugh at it all because you all don't even realize they truly don't give a fuck about whatever the conversation is about. It's just a side mission story that doesn't matter anyway. That's all just trivial details - the economy, health care, whatever. Fuck liberals.

Look at the issue with not wearing the masks. I can tell you what that's about. It's about exposing fear. They're playing chicken with nature, and whoever flinches just moved down their internal pecking order, one step closer to being a liberal.

You got to understand the one core value that they hold above all others is hatred for what they consider weakness because that's what they believe strength is, hatred of weakness. And I mean passionate, sadistic hatred. And I'm not exaggerating. Believe me. Sadistic, passionate hatred, and that's what proves they're strong, their passionate hatred for weakness. Sometimes they will lump vulnerability in with weakness. They do that because people tend to start humbling themselves when they're in some compromising or overwhelming circumstance, and to them, that's an obvious sign of weakness.

Kindness=weakness. Honesty=weakness. Compromise=weakness.

They consider their very existence to be superior in every way to anyone who doesn't hate weakness as much as they do. They consider liberals to be weak people that are inferior, almost a different species, and the fact that liberals are so weak is why they have to unite in large numbers, which they find disgusting, but it's that disgust that is a true expression of their natural superiority

Lorajay 9 Sep 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

After rereading this I decided that the lack of kindness, honesty and compromise creates scared bullies and chaos. Thank you trump and the sad people who voted for him.

In many ways the right wing movements are based in the class struggle, for those of the working and lower middle class at least, and the reasons for their split with liberalism is not just one sided. Modern liberals began back in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries in many ways as champions of the working and lower middle classes, and at that time the very idea of an extreme anti- liberal working class movement, would have been unthinkable. But liberals rose to gain a share of power, and a section of liberal thinkers, namely the liberal political establishment, needed to divorce themselves from many working class values in consequence, because some of those values, such as racism on the bad side, and contempt for fake elitist pretensions on the good side, just would not work in the political world.

In consequence they stopped talking to the working classes, and that lack of conversation soon became viewed as, and often really was, contempt, which bred hatred in reply. And the more the working class refused to provide the liberal political establishment with a justification for their growing power and wealth, by refusing to play victims; and the more they accepted the fake promises of the capitalist pushers of consumer goods, telling them that they could buy their way to happiness and fulfillment, the more stark became the failing of the liberals to provide the good education promoting real understanding, which is the natural way out of the consumer trap, and one of the main promises they made. While the deeper and more obvious that failing became, the more embarrassing it was for the liberal political establishment, so that they wanted to distance themselves ever more from embarrassment of their educational failing, and the people involved in it.

All of which of course made the working class contempt, for those who were still willing to seek liberal political support, even deeper. Fueling racist and nationalist hatred, even simply hatred of weakness and the need for any help, other than that provided by their home grown support systems like the churches. And so the multi-channel feed back loops, each lending more fuel to the other, began to ever deepen the split between the liberals and the working right, while making the middle ground became increasingly untenable, forcing those on it choose community or liberal values and morality.

I agree with your analysis. These people are hillbilly idiots to be feared and avoided at all costs. If I had to live around them, I would probably rethink my personal opposition or reluctance to owning a gun, because I would fear for my safety, knowing the local law enforcement would likely be sympathetic to them and unwilling to protect me from them.
As far as your point about these people rejecting any forms of humanistic tendencies as weakness, I have generally seen that trait in most conservatives as well.

Another part of your post is quite ironic and that is the point that these rednecks consider liberals to be weak. It reminds me of Jesse Ventura's controversial quote that he considered religious people weak because they needed the crutch of religion to cope with life. Two sides of the same coin?

Where did you find this?

A friend posted it on Facebook. I do not know the original author.

The Klan hasn't been this strong I my lifetime. I'll be 63 in 2 months. They've always been in the shadows. Donald Trump has let them go public.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:533042
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.