Agnostic.com

44 8

When and how do you reveal past mistakes to new romantic interests?

I've been active on dating apps lately. I have an especially colorful past because of my past fervent religious beliefs and the severe PTSD I had because of abuse. I'm doing so much better now and want to build a healthy relationship with someone.

One of the guys I like on a dating app started asking a lot of personal questions. He didn't come across as creepy or anything. He's been really nice and seems genuinely interested and concerned. But it ended up opening a whole can of worms that I don't know that I would have chosen to go into this early in a relationship.

Since I didn't really know how to deal with it, I ended up just spilling the beans. I think that probably wasn't the best idea. I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions for better ways to deal with this sort of thing respectfully.

UpsideDownAgain 7 Sep 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

44 comments (51 - 44)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:533992
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.