Agnostic.com

30 2

What would you date a gamer? Why or why not

Cedric1986 4 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Computer gamer? No. Board gamer? Yes.

There can never be too many board gamers.

Well, unless you tried to cram them all into one room...

@memorylikeasieve Oh, my dear, you have no idea how many board games I have...

@Ksha There are also some great card games. Cards Against Humanity is hilarious to play with a group of people.

@Ksha There you go! That is CAH in a nutshell!

Surely, as I'm one myself (Deus Ex).

that's like the game i like now... DeusEx. that game is pretty cool.!

Date? sure. Any thing beyond that would be a toss up. I'm not going to compete with it.

I am a gamer, have been since the late seventies. I owned a Atari the year it came out, and a commadore, played DnD in the three book set and dominated at axis and allies. Played squad leader and owned a gamestore. Would I date a gamer? Depends. Sometimes, gaming is an addiction. Does the gamers also.like to go out to dinner with friends? Go to the park? Have other interests? Does that gamer believe women have no place in gaming? You have to look at people as people and figure out what traits they have for better or worse and ultimately, find the combination of the two that make you happy. So my question is, yes, if he's more than just a gamer.

I fell in love with my first mmorpg-- It's still going but not supported, only AI.
Guild Wars...which encompasses four games (continents) ..all connected, for no
subscription fee!
Come play with me..?

@Skeezwazzle I wish I could get more into mmorphs, mean people really put me off but if I'm not paying to have someone just steal all my stuff at first level, I'll look. URL?

Yes, as long as I don't have to game with them. I can be near them and doing something else.

Lani Level 5 Apr 9, 2018

I did, for a while. Video games bore me very quickly (none of those I've tried kept me entertained for more than five minutes), but provided that person treated it as a hobby rather than became obsessed with it, I'd date a gamer again.

Jnei Level 8 Apr 9, 2018

Maybe you're not playing the right games. I've logged over 1,000 hours into my favourite one.

Anything you get addicted too causes problems

I dated a gamer and hated the fact that I had to compete with her computer and console for her attention. And she wasn't as bad as some gamers I know, who let chores slide. It's not as though I hate games, I like them, but I don't like me or the house playing second fiddle to them.

Well gamer is a passion I suppose or like a hobby
People all have hobbies but don't be so infuatated that you do not interact with your partner
That is then down hill
I don't play games as such but have a healthy dose of laptop and un laptop time

Rosh Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

Absolutely. I would prefer a girl that games over one that doesn't.

Insufficient data. Does not compute.

Yes, because I love gaming

What kind of games do you play?

@ronak I'm currently in the middle of the newest assassins creed. I also play call of duty, all of dragon age, skyrim...

NO. BTDT . It was a PITA before the medium exploded. I can only imagine now.
There was a friend of mine who divorced her professor husband, one of her chief complaints was he wouldn't get off his f---ing game. She was hot AF and no dummy either. So it doesn't matter how smart you are, or how attractive you are or both, addiction can wreak havoc.

BTDT?

@CindyHutchins - [guildwars.com]

I was intimating that I'd like to do IRL --and ..here's your URL..! 😀

Gratzi. I'll check it out. Lol

Not for me.

Have dated many gamers. Nerds are usually quite bright.

I would definitely date a gamer, that could be a lot of fun. Doesn't seem to be as many women playing as guys, although that is changing over time.

They yell too much. I have a gamer living upstairs.

My ex was addicted to video games and on-line poker. Recently met someone into slot machines and keano - no have nothing in common with gamers.

Maybe a few hours a week on cod, but one that’s in to hours upon hours of gameplay day after day and all they talk about is Warcraft or whatever, I’ll pass.

Gamers are the only people with whom I can spend a significant amount of time, so it's basically my sole option to date a gamer.

No, because I have friends who are adult gamers and they are all messed up.

Yeah, that's really not down to the video games.

It'd be hypocritical if I didn't.

I have. As long as it's not the only thing they want to do, I'm chill with it.

I did. 3 of them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53478
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.