Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Nearly two-thirds of US young adults unaware 6m Jews killed in the Holocaust | World news | The Guardian

According to the study of millennial and Gen Z adults aged between 18 and 39, almost half (48%) could not name a single concentration camp or ghetto established during the second world war.

Not surprising as it was close to 80 years ago.
How many adults can name a single POW camp during vietnam or a single campaign offensive during the Korean war without looking it up online or in a reference book?
I bet you it would be less than half. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Almost a quarter of respondents (23%) said they believed the Holocaust was a myth, or had been exaggerated, or they werenโ€™t sure

That's a lot of different answers to lump together. The first is egregious; it's not a myth. The second is plausible: it's possible it's been exagerated not due to malfisence or politics but merely shoddy records or liberal estimates. The third is reasonable; if they don't know or aren't sure what the numbers are, it's good to admit that.

Eleven per cent of respondents across the US believed that Jews had caused the Holocaust, with the proportion in New York state at 19%, followed by 16% in Louisiana, Tennessee and Montana, and 15% in Arizona, Connecticut, Georgia, Nevada and New Mexico.

This is interesting. If you look at the map on the actual survey [1], you'll note it's very spread out with no (seeming) rhyme or reason for why NY is 19% and montana 17% but IL and IA are 8% and 6% respectively. Very odd.

[1] [claimscon.org]

TheMiddleWay 8 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Historical illiteracy. I only hang my head in shame reading things like this.

How can people walk around and be so spectacularly ignorant about one of the defining and most horrific chapters in human history?

Interesting Article!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:534803
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.