Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Holocaust history: Millennials, Gen Z can't name concentration camps, only 1 in 3 know what the Holocaust was

2/3 of Millennials and Gen Zers do not have any knowledge of what, when, why, how or exactly what the Holocaust was, nor the parties involved.

They can tell you the 8 illegal conflicts America is in, right now/today, but have been taught nothing about the Holocaust. This applies to public and private educational institutions pre-collegiate level.

#shameful

SeaGreenEyez 9 Sep 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm having a difficult time contemplating and discussing with family and friends that a few of the people I went to synagogue with, when I was little, are voting for Trump, or considering doing so. Apparently "Never Again" meant something different to them than it did to me. And some of them, whether they presently believe in God or not, stupidly buy into to the idea that Trump's support of Israel (real or perceived) should be counted as enough to vote for him. Shameful. Do they think another Holocaust is ok if it is against groups other than Jews? Are they ok with the mass-killing-by-pandemic-malfeasance and mass-killing-by-climate-policy-malfeasance that we are already beginning? Are they just generally ok with the death of the rule of law in the US of A and the parallels (as far as I can recall) between what happened in pre-Nazi Germany and what is happening now in the US?

So, knowing history is not a cure-all. These are people who damn well know what Auschwitz was, but still are apparently thinking along the lines of "sure, let's do that again, but this time a bit different".

kmaz Level 7 Sep 19, 2020

Unbelievable, but then I keep coming across people who tell me they "don't want to know" about "depressing" facts from history or politics or even current events. They WANT to live in a sealed and sanitized bubble of happy ignorance, with no sense of responsibility or interest in the rest of the world.
Even worse when they allow their chosen TV channel to form their opinions for them, because it has a show featuring someone they fancy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:535781
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.