Agnostic.com

12 1

What is YOUR life motto?

This is mine:

Be courageous! Take up any and all opportunities that interest me, providing I'm not knowingly hurting others.

Followed closely by: Live the shit outta life!

As you may be gathering, I've lived a pretty interesting life as a result. 🙂

Please share yours, and where it has taken you as a result. 🙂

Kreig 7 Nov 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

9 life lessons by Tim Minchin. Definitely recommend you watch this ????

"A good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge." -Bertrand Russell.

"Read ten thousand books; Travel ten thousand miles."

Life is short. So play often... preferably naked.

"I may not know what I'm doing, but that's never stopped me before!"

my life motto like most of humans.
follow my my self interest.

I have three and I follow them all.

Do what you like and you'll always like what you do.

Taking a step into the unknown is a step forward. Holding on to the secure is a leap backwards.

No matter how clever you think you are, there are others much brighter, so walk a humble path in view of that.

So, where has it taken me? I'd need to write a book to cover it all. I'll condense and omit:

I've visited and/or worked in 35 countries. Been a pilot, raced sportscars, took a fling as a gold miner, a folksinger, a songwriter, an author, a naval architect and yacht designer, worked on NASA projects, I've sailed the Atlantic and Pacific, and the list goes on and on. It has been a delightful, danger filled, sometimes tense, occasionally life threatening life, and I have few regrets.

So I visited your profile and noted you are an ex submariner. You know how they ensure that the vessel will be safe to operate at depth? The naval architects who have been responsible for the structural design are required to attend sea trial to test depth -- which tends to keep them honest and to assure they have checked all their calculations several times.

The above is not true, but it is a humorous picture.

Live until you don’t

The "poem" below is basically it. I create my own reality by how I choose my thoughts and therefore my actions. I am the maker of my happiness--or not. Attitude is VERY important and something I have control over every second of my life. I cannot control the circumstances around me but I can definitely control my response to them and THAT makes all the difference.

ATTITUDE

By Charles Swindoll

I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress…It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitude is right, there’s no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.

"Don't waste my time with stupi*** stuff.

'Trust no one - Question everything'

Haha this is my work motto...
I think Bobby McFerrin said it best for living life - don't worry, be happy.

He really hasn't. I think this is the saddest statement so far. Where did you get your information?

Things happen for a reason-failed relationships taught me not to do it again

One day at a time-if you don't have high expectations you can relax and be yourself

Go with the flow-Leave time so you can be spontaneous and do the unexpected

I can't add to that. Thats great!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5358
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.