Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK After renouncing faith, Hawk Nelson’s Jon Steingard says he's agnostic, still prays daily - The Christian Post

Former Hawk Nelson frontman Jon Steingard, who earlier this year said he no longer believes in God, said he's not an atheist and currently aligns himself more with agnosticism.

In a recent interview on Christian artist Mathew West’s podcast, he explained he never could anticipate receiving so much news coverage after announcing in May that he no longer believes in God.

“I was not entirely prepared for that. It's been really cool because it's enabled me to connect with so many people, mostly through Instagram, that are in the same boat as me,” Steingard said.

GoodMan 7 Sep 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Time to buy a vowel. Prayer is a form of meditation. Lots of medical/psychological benefits.

One can pray without believing. It is a form of self talk, a way of giving words to feelings.

What a load of crap!

It really is a load of crap.

Bullshit! If you no longer believe in god you do not pray daily. Who are you praying to? Then we have some people even on this site wanting to argue between agnostic and atheist who claim there are agnostic theists. Yes, they are called Deists. Our Founding Fathers were mostly Deists. The last thing I discovered here is that some claim it is good to have a god to go to when someone dies, then when your grief is gone you can go back to non-belief. Once again I call bullshit!

Exactly. If you no longer believe in god, why would you pray, and who are you praying to?

In a typically American fashion, he is covering all the bases.

I’m American, and I don’t pray, so I guess I’m missing a few bases.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:536716
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.