Agnostic.com

9 3

Is Life Predestined?

Anybody else think that life is predestined like if it's already been decided if you'll have a good life or a bad life.
Perhaps something to do with your soul being strong enough to handle the situation in which you'll be placed in maybe.

Philomena 3 Sep 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would say it depends on where you are born and the resources available to you...

No...there is no such thing as pre-destiny, life is largely predicated on chance. I don’t believe in souls either, just character and moral integrity. The only things that are predestined are death and taxes (to paraphrase Benjamin Franklin). Our being born in the first place was a pretty slim chance, as most sperm do not fulfil their biological purpose of fertilising an egg!

If it is, why are you being allowed to ask or even conceive of this question?
If it is why does god tell us not to sin, when he is going to make people do it anyway?
If it is real does it apply to god too? Or does he just not think it does, because he has been programmed to think that way, and if so by whom?

Life may not be predestined but, to repeat myself, I would say death is predestined.

Are people predestined to die? No matter the path, life, length it appears most everyone is going to die. I think it is preprogrammed in our Gene's even. Telomeres? My memory a little short right now, would have to brush up on biology terminology.

Word Level 8 Sep 23, 2020

No. Life is not predestined. People make their own choices and the results are random

Whoever is in charge is a real piece of shit.

If life is predestined, does that mean we don't have 'free will'(tm)?

I've never been able to answer that question definitively(at least to my own assurance) so I choose to pretend that I do have free will (whether I really do or not 😋).

Some things may seem inevitable or unfair because they're out of our control, but I don't believe they're predestined.

There have been a few things in my life which have made me wonder about that very thing. The coincidences which lead to me having a career in music for most of my adult life amazes me, and that is just one thing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:536742
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.