Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Two asteroid missions will help shape the economy of the 21st century

Later in 2018, two robotic probes, launched by NASA and the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) will each reach separate asteroids. The probes will extract samples from the asteroids before returning to Earth. These separate space missions will help to determine the composition the asteroids and test technology for retrieving their potential riches.

ballou 8 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can't believe people fall for this. No disrespect... to me its a waist of money.

Goldman Sachs thinks it's a money-maker.

@Coffeo. So is bottled water. But it's just bottled water. What breakthroughs in medicine did we get from moon rocks? What are we going to get from Mars? What could we gain from the ocean and rain forests? A lot more for less money.

@BucketlistBob Ask Goldman Sachs, not me.

"The Earth is too small and fragile a basket for the human race to keep all its eggs in"--R. A. Heinlien

@Davesnothere ...... really? Thats on land. What about the ocean?

@Davesnothere, @Silverwhisper .... again.... look outside the box. The ocean is to easy to look into?

@BucketlistBob he was referencing the planet, The Earth itself, as is evidenced by the sudden extinction of the dinosaurs by asteroid.

The planet itself is too small and fragile a basket for the human race to keep all its eggs in.

We are living in the 6th great extinction event now.

@Davesnothere well ok... i give! Lol.

@BucketlistBob lol

Space medicine and research have so much to offer that it should have a better place in our budget. Unfortunately republicans do not see any immediate money to be made and does not place much investment into things that do not produce a profit.

I totally agree.

Explain space medicine. This is about as nuts as a mission to mars.

BucketlistBob They have found different techniques that can be applied here on earth to improve treatments. One very big one applies to burns and how they are now treated to be less painful. there have also been several procedures that applies to the eyes . This really has been a great contribution.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53785
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.