Agnostic.com

8 9

Man get 1 year in jail for holding large parties against COVID-19 rules

Serves him right. Another right-wing, selfish idiot spreading coronovirus.

Shawn Myers, 42, held two large parties in Maryland within one week, prosecutors say.

"Officers told Myers to disband the party, but again he was argumentative claiming he and his guests had the right to congregate," according to prosecutors.

Myers also allegedly told "his guests to stay in defiance of Governor Hogan’s Orders and the officers’ lawful orders to disband the party," prosecutors said.

Over 122,000 people in Maryland have been diagnosed with COVID-19, including at least 3,772 people who have died, according to state data.

[abcnews.go.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would assume that everyone attending his parties did so willingly exercising their own volition.

BDair Level 8 Sep 28, 2020

Call it attempted murder

One of these family members will sue eventually for wrongful death and it won't be a party goer, it will be a family member of the party goer or someone they work with. And it will be interesting to see the courts response with the way the GOP has stacked the courts.

There may come a time when people like this will be charged with manslaughter if someone dies with a direct link to the party

What a fool believes... Now bubba will teach him a thing or two...

I cannot understand the mentality of such people.

Doesn't he look like a productive member of society?😆

It's that alert look in his eyes, themselves set into his clean shaven glabella and upper forehead and delicately blue-tinged central crop.

Fool

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 27, 2020

I’m impressed that they prosecuted though. Time will tell if he’s a killer I suppose.

@girlwithsmiles Only a fortnight needed for the start of evidence to appear, Maybe he'll also catch Covid-19 severely and have his one year sentence commuted to "life".

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:538065
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.