Agnostic.com

3 4

So you think you are right?

Perspective, perspective & perspective -

FrayedBear 9 Oct 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Which is why evidence of intent and purpose is always important to determine the correct perspective.
Never assume or presume.

As I was taught a long time ago:"to assume is to put an ass before u & me".

@FrayedBear That joke first appeared in a Bennie Hill sketch in 1973 appeared

@LenHazell53 thanks for that Len, I've never previously seen that skit. In 1973 I was not into Benny Hill.

Could also be both wrong. Could be a drawing for a coat hook, for example. Even if I can prove that you are wrong, it does not mean that I am right.

May interest you. If you can forgive me plugging my own stuff.
[agnostic.com]

I find that people with binary perspectives have this issue; since they believe they are right, you must be wrong.

In observed phenomena, after evidence is tested and confirmed then yes one person expressing that established fact is right and everyone else is wrong.

However in actions it is perfectly possible for there to be more than one effective solution that will achieve the desired result, however depending on the criteria, there can be right and wrong ways to do things.

For example there maybe a most efficient way to do something, a fastest way to do something and a most economic way of doing something that are all different, yet all can under different circumstance be consider the contextually correct way to do something with all other methods being considered incorrect, while all are still technically the right way.

@LenHazell53 Understood. My comments are usually intended as generalizations, rather than (exhaustive) specific notations indicative of each or all instances.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:540111
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.