Agnostic.com

7 8

Do you know of any Trump voters that have flipped their vote since that debacle of a debate?

Had a lovely family dinner to celebrate my sons 18th birthday this week. Unfortunately, we could not avoid the politics or pandemic debates and equally unfortunately, I am the only progressive liberal in my immediate family. I was, however, happily surprised to learn that both my parents chose to write in their vote this year, saying Trump was a bully and an idiot and they couldn't bring themselves to vote for him again (which was their initial plan) after watching the debate. But, of course, they equally dislike Biden, so their vote wasn't given to him, either.

Who did they write in, you ask? God. "Because that is what this country needs more of."

As with most family gatherings, I came away from it further convinced that I, indeed, was adopted.

Amzungu 8 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know the feeling, my entire family is low information with the exceptions of myself and my daughters.
Does this president have to go on a killing spree and start eating his own waste on TV before we use the 25th amendment?
All I can say is the Republicans will NEVER recover.
They were obviously stupid back when that idiot Reagan was president, they got away with it so they pushed the envelope, it got worse and worse, at one point G.W. Bush was as bad as it could possibly get then Trump said "hold my beer."
I have voted Republican in the past, I even registered as a Republican to support some needed local reforms in Long Beach Ca.
But all that's over, I still don't call myself a Democrat, but I'll NEVER vote Republican again.
For now I say I'm Progressive, but if they go off the rails I'll block them too just like the Republicans.
Political parties need to keep their policies sane or they need to die of neglect.

Yeah a few but not enough

If any of my Trumper friends are having second thoughts, they've been quiet about it. Pretty sure they are just doubling down since they get such heavy doses of pro-Trump rhetoric on their Fox TV and social media bubbles. I would love it if even one of my Trumper friends would give up on that administration. I think we are in for some October Surprise yet to come and I worry it will get even uglier than it is now.

Yes. Two women, both voted for Trump in the last election. Both are religious — ones practicing non-denominational, ones non-practicing Catholic. The Catholic will probably be voting third party, the other says she will “probably vote for Biden.” The debate was the final push for both of them.

kdmom Level 6 Oct 8, 2020

I have met a few Republicans who said they won't be voting for Trump

Unity Level 7 Oct 8, 2020

Now, that is what I like to hear. 🙂

Vote god? My god, never! His son is a wrecker of financial markets in the temple itself!

We're in the same boat with the exception of my children, though my son is dating one. She never brings it up but I've seen her families posts and she is quiet when discussion happens. You just know these things.

I know Thanksgiving will be difficult but that's why visits are short, I don't stay with my mother, and I rarely go there. My cousins, etc, they're all hateful.

Sorry, I know how heartbreaking it is.

I feel your pain. My two sons are far more rational than most of the rest of my family, so that brings me solace. I have come to enjoy the gatherings for their amusement factor. When everyone leaves, my boys and I often sit around asking each other 'wtf was that?' But you don't get to choose your family, and I do love my stone cold pack of weirdos, I just love them most in small doses. 😉

@Amzungu I and my son live three states away from my mom, my daughter is a 15 hr drive from me and it's 8 hrs to my mom's. The drive home is usually interesting and a source of healing from the visit.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:541642
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.