Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Canada single-use plastics ban: Feds say straws, cutlery and other single-use items to go by end of 2021 | CTV News

Recycling is good but better still is not to create the trash in the first place.😋

RichCC 8 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bravo!

They came in pretty handy during the pandemic.

Thank you Canada. Almost all these things were virtually non-existant when I was a kid - I remember when all the cereal manufacturers switched to using plastic inner bags instead of just waxed paper. I expect they saved a cent on each box and that added up to millions somewhere, but only because they were never forced to deal with the disposal side of the equation. That cost was just externalized to the environment and we all know how that worked out.

Expect to see folks along the border switching from smuggling gas to smuggling plastic items!

Meanwhile note this comment: "the majority of those surveyed said they liked the health and safety protections associated with disposable plastics over reusable alternatives."

So if Canada gets wiped out from a particularly virulent disease caught from a reused coffee stirrer we'll know what to blame...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:541794
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.