Agnostic.com

5 4

Cardinal George Pell meets Pope Francis for first time since acquittal

[bbc.com]

xenoview 8 Oct 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why anyone supports this organisation is beyond me. Including those non-religious who would claim they’re catholic if anyone asked their religion.

Mvtt Level 7 Oct 13, 2020

and to celebrate they fondled the altar boy

I'm at a loss on this one. Why meet him? Is it like that old "brothers and sisters" crap that Evangelicals pull on everyone? Of course we are all brothers and sisters. We all got here through incest to get the population going.God tried that stunt 3 times.

The religious politicians in Australia have a lot of input into his overturn verdict.

It makes me sick how these bastards get away with raping children just because they are affiliated with the church, and the Catholic Church covers for all of them!😡

Do you know that he did?
The court found that the jury did not consider the witnesses who presented alibis, in other words, contradicting the accuser's claims. That's nothing to do with the church, it's the legal system.

I am not sticking up for abusers. But accusations are not proof, and juries have been wrong before. Juries are as fallible as the rest of us. We can't know the truth of what happened.

@Paul4747 With the Catholic Church covering for and moving these monsters around, and priests track record on this subject, I think most people would have a difficult time believing their denials.

@Paul4747 Was the appeal judge priveledged to know what the jury said and thought in their deliberations?

@raymetcalfe I am quoting from the news reports. He was at least more privileged than I was.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:542851
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.