Agnostic.com

1 2

102 years ago, our little community was attacked by the flu pandemic.

Every person's tragedy is the worst, to them, so here's some context for those who feel 'done by'.

There's no need to become a #COVIDIOT, humans manage best when they are gentle, kind, and staying safe.

#COVID19 #flupandemic1918 #powellriver

josephr 7 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Loved visiting Victoria in May three years ago for one week.
The area sure is pretty.
The flu struck everywhere 102 years ago.

Yes it was a lovely city @AnonySchmoose, and fun whatever i wanted to do while i lived there for about 30 years. Cheers.

@josephr
Enjoyed water taxis, eating out, museums, home gardens, meeting locals, cherry blossoms, zip-lining in a mature forest, touring a smaller island, humongous ferry cruising between the inside-passage islands.

@AnonySchmoose Wow, sounds like you really enjoyed our little corner of the world to the max. The Gulf islands and Vancouver Island are a wonderful playground, which is why i fell in love with it all when visiting so many years ago. I've travelled and worked all over since then, but i was always so glad to return home to Victoria and Vancouver Island. The bonus is that the climate is exactly what i love, rarely too hot or too cold. For me, it's perfect.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:543474
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.