Agnostic.com

1 0

Politicians. Eh?

Politics is becoming more and more annoying, more so than religion and where with religion we are able to shut it out and ignore it, the same cannot be said for politics because it effects us all.
The way that politics works is really down to money.
In America, it costs an absolute fortune to run for office be it Congress, Senate or P.O.T.U.S, that being said, only the mega wealthy can afford to run for office and what happens when they get elected? They get even wealthier.
In Britain, it isn't so much how much money you have when it comes to being voted into office, anyone can become an MP (Member of Parliament), even the homeless can run and maybe get elected although I haven't heard of a homeless person achieving it but they don't need a financial fortune to do so. British politicians, for the most part, get into politics because it is a "NICE LITTLE EARNER THANK YOU VERY MUCH" , £78,000 ($110,500) per year plus expenses, expenses that are all too often abused. In recent years British politicians have claimed for such things as an ORNAMENTAL DUCK HOUSE for their garden AND GOT IT, another MP claimed for A MOAT! A FUCKING MOAT, THE CUNT LIVES IN A FUCKING CASTLE! Like I said, in it for the money.

• 0 votes
  • 1 vote
meister268 5 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The desire for power in a definite indication that a person is not fit for public service. I'm not up on politics in other countries but in the US the whole lobbyiest career should be illegal. Imagine a job where you are paid by rich people to bribe politicians.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:54404
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.