Agnostic.com

3 1

I have a soapbox that I haven't been able to share with many, so am getting it off my chest here. I've been inactive on here until now, so apologize if this has already been posted/discussed, but am wondering:
What's your biggest fear regarding a second term for '45'?
For me, retired General Chuck Boyd crystalized it in his recent interview by NPR (see link below). Our very Democracy is at risk. I think I recall Holocaust survivors saying, 'don't think it can't happen to you.' I think it's WAAAY bigger than platforms/issues of parties.
It seems 45 is a master at herding people to pledge allegiance to him vs. The Flag - the United States of America, and am wondering how much will be 'too much' before people will stop supporting him and say, 'nope, you can't do that,' and will choose our Country and our Laws and our Democratic way of life over him and their respective 're-elections.' How much will be too much?
I believe 45 to be a 'dictator wanna-be,' and if re-elected, my number one fear is that he will move to change the 22nd Amendment of the Constitution that limits Presidents to two terms. Is there anyone here who's thought that, too? He's been long surrounding himself will cronies that kiss his butt, (because if they didn't, they were fired). If he loses the election, I do not believe he will accept defeat and step down graciously. And, lastly, how he has dissed our Armed Services and its members, and rather sucked up to right wing radicals and militias is just frightening. What do you think about that?
Personally, I think 45 is a power-hungry, overt-narcissist that only cares about one thing, 'winning' (and of course that means 'himself.' As I recall, in a biography about him long ago, the author said the bottom line of 45 boils down to, 'winning.' He cares about nobody except himself and will say or do whatever is necessary that ruthlessly moves himself ahead.
IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE THAT SEES IT LIKE THIS AND/OR HAS THESE FEARS, TOO? THOUGHTS?
[npr.org]

Wisterious 7 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My biggest fear is that a certain bellowing orange Hippopotamus doesn't sink in the muck and mire of his own pooh fast enough!

Good for you to be active! I will say this seems like a good community. But as far as concerns/fears, there are to many to decide what is number one. I do agree that is his total disregard for the foundation of government. He is a self centered narcissist that has no business being in the position he is.
The whole wanna be dictator is very in line with that. Anyone that truly listens to how he talks, what he talks about, is HIMSELF. Never anyone else, no empathy, no taking responsibility, blaming others, taking credit for things he did not do. The list goes on. He's a psychopath.

I am more amazed how any person supports him, can't see the horrible behavior , or waves it off. Or how the GOP are huge hypocrites that ONLY want to keep power.  The minority rule shit has to go, and go as fast as possible.  

I think our system is stronger than Trump could ever be.

@Fmdg I think the bigger danger is if he doesn't get reelected but chooses to remain as president anyway.

@Fmdg

In that scenario, get ready, it will get crazy.

@Fmdg if 45 is re elected we won't survive

@Fmdg, @RoboGraham it will be gruesome but we have laws for that he is amassing his boogger boys and other militias so that is a worry

@Fmdg, @RoboGraham either way its gonna be horrible if elected he will be empowered and if not he will destroy all he can before he goes

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545257
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.