Agnostic.com

10 18

LINK Pope Francis declares support for same-sex civil unions for the first time as pope | America Magazine

“Homosexuals have a right to be a part of the family,” the pope said. “They’re children of God and have a right to a family. Nobody should be thrown out or be made miserable because of it.”

!!!!! Holy Wow !!!!!!

TheMiddleWay 8 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They must be evolving due to losing so many members.

Me thinks the "Collection Plates" are coming up a little short(and the LAWSUITS are draining them😂)...KARMA can be such a BITCH😂😂😂

But the question here is.......Is he really being honest and up front with his words?

Personally m not so sure.

I do not think that is has anything to do with being honest. My guess is that it is a new sales tactic in the face of world pressure and the decline in numbers of those who attend church.

They are desperate and need more Catholics.

Stunning! This pope rocks

Being brought up as a Catholic I am shocked, 🙄 but in the quote that you have I think pope left out the part where their cash spends too. 💸💰🤑

His statement might end up being helpful to some.
Quite possibly, it could help couples trying to adopt through some catholic organizations.
If the pope says they're families, more kids might get adopted.

I still have no use for religion, but I recognize that, for the time being, those organizations exert a certain amount of control.

He sees the writing on the wall. He knows that the Church must evolve with the times, or it will die. It isn't like the good old days when they could force conversions at the end of a sword.

I agree. Galileo had the good sense to recant on his scientific position rather than face the depraved tortuous methods of the Roman Catholic Inquistion.

Next thing, he'll be voting for Biden. Here's the BBC coverage of the story.
[bbc.com]

The US Right Wing Evangelicals will be either be screaming that the Pope isn't really Catholic (like they say about Biden). Or, they will be saying, as I was taught, that the Pope, in the end times, will be in league with the Beast.

About time!

How many will now excommunicate the church?

Probably not many. It’s ingrained into them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545459
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.