Agnostic.com

4 4

Just a thought

So the America I loved still exists, if not in the White House or the Supreme Court or the Senate or the House of Representatives or the media. The America I love still exists at the front desks of our public libraries.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

LenHazell53 9 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just to add context, this was written during a time when the administration was trying to prohibit the sale and library stocking of "Unsuitable" books.
Nationwide in the US librarians refused to be dictated to as to what could and could not be read for political reasons even under threat of dismissal and arrest.
Unfortunately the same is now happening again with censorship of information available on the net, meaning that libraries are once again the only truly free source of free information.

I really hope so, the virus closed a lot of our libraries, or at least shut down a lot of their activities.

I outgrew libraries, now I have YouTube.

When I was young, in elementary school, I'd get my mom to take me to our local public library all the time, though now that I'm an adult I haven't been in a public library in probably 20 years.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545637
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.