Agnostic.com

8 0

Monogamy vs poligamy. I feel both limit a women's choice via relationship classification. Sex, no matter with who or how many, is the women's choice period. If a woman chooses to have sex she should not be restricted by a relationship status. Marriage is no more than a legal institute that limits a women's choice of whom she can have sex with. Woman catch a lot of hell for just choosing to have sex with multiple partners. Yet men don't fall under the same scrutiny. Do you feel that women have intentionally been sexually suppressed? And why do you feel they have been suppressed? I feel it arose out of fear of feminine power. You thoughts?

lem31167 5 Nov 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do think there is a lot of internalized fear of feminine power inside most men and women... it gets expressed in harmful ways. I am a woman in relationship with a woman who also desires a LTR with a man... so far, my relationships with both have been beautiful and I don't feel limited or constrained by either... of course, that could have something to do with the kind of people I attract/choose. I appreciate you posting the question and your thoughts on it.

slaughter

its difficult when they glance at me
with their big brown eyes
and quiet mousy dispositions
to lead them off to slaughter

their needs aren’t so unlike mine
as they dash about
in their filthy little ways
searching for a tiny slice of love

they’re a bit akin to these children
we scurry about with such pride
and adoration. It’s with constant
trepidation we pretend

we fester in a swill of complacency
expecting them to forge ahead
through a global tide of indifference
we proclaim none of this matters

with fear we fantasize that perhaps
they are not as we were at that age
consumed by urges and rage like mice
so we lead them off to slaughter

I bait these morbid words
with supple wedges of smoked gouda
to trap another fetid dream
to snap upon my mousy needs

~Jud (this is one of mine)

Women get labeled a "hoe/thot/slut" for sleeping with other people, but men can sleep around and it's okay? Nah. It's a double standard.

I think its roots are in biology being the male of the species wants his and only his genes to be used for procreation by the female thereby assuring his line being continued.

SamL Level 7 Nov 27, 2017

I've come to teh conclusion that each person shoudl be allowed to "legally" marry one other person, and any extraneous relationship(s) or sex is up to the couple to negotiate. Such arrangements never work out well for everyone if there isn't complete honesty. Well, actually I don't thik any relationship can be truly happy (for voth parties) without complete honesty. In an age of incurable sexually transmitted diseases, where some of them can actually hill you an/or your partner(s), honesty becomes extremely important.

Polygamy is not fair to women.
Polyamory is fun for all.

Agree. Polyamory is the least restrictive, but goes against the patriarchal puritan values that shames anyone for enjoying sex and the connection that comes with it

As a male, I personally have no interest in becoming involved in an LTR with a woman who claims to want to be a virgin on her wedding night. Not that I really want to be with someone who has pulled a train on a whole football team, but if she's had a few lovers in her life before me, it tells me a couple of very important things about her:

1. She enjoys the company of men and likes sex. Nothing would suck more than being tied down to someone who seems to have a headache every freaking night.
  2. She's likely sure of her sexual orientation. Chances are very high that she's not gay. It would be very difficult down the line to be with someone who suddenly leaves the relationship because they discover that they prefer same sex partners. Especially if there are children involved.

Having multiple sex partners is fine as long as you haven't committed to another person. You shouldn't betray someone's trust by having sex with multiple people after you have made a commitment. Then it becomes harmful and can actually hurt other people. I am all for monogamy.You should remain single if you're looking for multiple sex partners unless you are in an open relationship. Some people want to settle and have a nice family and others want to run around spreading their seed and I believe it will always be that way. Yes, I believe they have been sexually suppressed and probably by men like myself that have supported monogamy over the centuries.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5458
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.