Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Beheading of teacher exposes secular divide in French classrooms

Reuters article about secular divide in France

Hages 7 Oct 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

France needs to stand up for its secular educational system, but it will take a lot of courage from the teachers and education authorities, because it’s like having a sword of Damocles hanging over one’s head (I use that expression deliberately) for any other teacher to broach this topic again. France didn’t throw off the constrictions of the dictats the Catholic Church over 100 years ago to have new ones imposed by newly arrived Islamic zealots. It is an ingratitude beyond all human reason for an asylum seeker who sought shelter in France and who had just months ago been granted citizenship, to commit this unconscionably barbaric act against a man teaching tolerance and equality in his host country.

Thank you. The assimilation of others from it's former colonies has been an ongoing problem in France. Years ago there was rioting and burning's in Paris over the plight of 2nd generation, non-French (predominately Moroccan) immigrants. I witnessed this previously as I am the godfather of a grandchild of a Syrian/Turkish family living in Germany. When we re-visited the country I asked the parents how was Benjamin. I was told, by the grandparents, he was no good as all he wanted to do was hang out with his German friends and did not get involved with family issues (his parents opened a small Turkish restaurant and he wouldn't spend time helping out). This happens in ALL countries (even the US) and yet people fail to recognize this and many other externalities we have to deal with with immigration. Too often people move to better their financial situation not to assimilate in another's culture. Unfortunately, cor[orations and the tRump administration has turned this critical issue into one of pure emotions and polarized it beyond any kind of reasonable discussion.

Yahoo adds nothing, the actual source :

[reuters.com]

I love hearing about their more open boarders.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545926
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.